Recipe! Chocolate Chip Oat Cookies!

Tuesday, August 21, 2012



I asked the other day if you guys wanted to see any baking posts as it’s one of my passions and you said yes! So here it is. A nice and easy one today. Chocolate chip oat cookies. They are so nice! The chocolate inside the cookie oozes out and tastes divine. Perfect for any occasion! Here’s the recipe:


125g of unsalted butter
125g of golden caster sugar
1 medium egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
125g of porridge oats
150g plain flour
½ tsp of baking powder
200g of plain chocolate, cut into 1cm chunks

Preheat the oven to gas mark 4/ 180°. The recipe says to lightly grease two baking trays. I used baking parchment/greaseproof paper and my cookies didn’t stick!



Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl until pale and creamy.


Add the egg, vanilla extract and oats.


Sift the flour and baking powder together over the mixture and mix until evenly combined.



Stir in the chocolate chunks.


Put dessertspoonfuls of the mixture on the prepared baking trays, spacing them well apart to allow room for spreading. Flatten each one slightly with an back of a fork (I just used my hand).

Bake for 12-15 minutes until risen and turning golden, but still soft. Leave on the baking tray for 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool.


The cookies will keep around a week in an airtight tin. Not that there going to stay around that long!!
They taste so much better than a brought biscuit and they are cheap, simple and easy to make!

Let me know if you make some!


2 Replies

2 comments

  1. Nom! These look yummy, I haven't made cookies in ages but whenever I have done in the past I always end up eating the majority of the mixture before it's even cooked, haha. Love cookie dough. I made some banana bread at the weekend, which was delicious, and it's inspired me to get back into baking, so I might pop this one on my list for next weekend :)
    Mel x

    melswallofmirrors.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh these look SO yummy! I haven't baked in ages, I need to get back into it xxx

    ReplyDelete

© Little Paper Swans. Design by Fearne.