Bonfire Brownies Recipe!

Monday, October 22, 2012












As my banana bread recipe went down a treat I've decided to make baking more of a thing on here, so expect to see a lot more recipes. I came across this recipe in Ideal Home Magazine and knew I had to make them. I am a massive brownie fan and all the extra chocolate just makes them gooey and delicious!

Ingredients
250g unsalted butter
200g plain (dark) chocolate
4 eggs
300g caster sugar
175g plain flour
100g marshmallows
100g Daim bars, cut into pieces
100g Crunchie bars, cut into pieces

1. Heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Grease and line a shallow cake tin.
2. In a heavy based pan, melt the butter. When the butter has melted break the chocolate into pieces and add to the butter. Melt over a low heat and allow to cool.
3. In a separate bowl beat together the eggs and sugar. Stir this mixture into the cooled down chocolate and butter. Sift in the flour and mix well.
4. Add the marshmallows, Crunchie pieces and Daim pieces to the mixture and stir until well combined.
5. Scrape the mixture into the tin and bake for 25-30 minutes for a gooey brownie (if you like a cakey brownie you can leave it for a bit longer).
6. Allow to cool before cutting into squares.
7. Serve with fresh cream or ice cream!

This brownie is a cross between a rocky road and brownie. It's sticky and gooey and perfect for any Halloween/Bonfire parties you might be having.

If you decide to bake these, please let me know and send me a picture via twitter. I love seeing your baking too!

2 Replies

2 comments

  1. This looks *amazing* - if not a little sickly! I'm not usually a fan of brownies but every once in a while I'll have one, especially if they're a bit special like these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound AMAZING. Pinning to make soon!

    Jesss xo

    ReplyDelete

© Little Paper Swans. Design by Fearne.