Earl grey ice cream!

Thursday, April 18, 2013







So yesterday I passed my driving theory test. Thank god! It's been making me anxious since I booked it a few weeks ago. I decided that there's no better way to celebrate than with ice cream especially as I've just brought an ice cream maker!

I am addicted to Earl Grey tea and when I came across this recipe I had to make it for myself and my tea addicted mama. It won't let you down and tastes delicious. It's best to take it out of the freezer 10 or so minutes before you want to eat it. It just makes it scoop easier.

From Good Housekeeping magazine

4 Earl Grey teabags
seeds from a vanilla pod
600ml scalding milk
300ml double cream
225g golden caster sugar

Add the teabags and the seeds from the vanilla pod to the scalding milk. Leave to cool and then chill.

Squeeze out the teabags until the milk turns a caramel colour.

If you have an ice cream maker add the milk, cream and sugar to the drum and churn until thick.

If you don't have an ice cream maker mix everything together and freeze in a shallow container. Fork through every couple of hours until frozen.

Serve with cornets or wafers or anything really!

Enjoy.

♥ 

3 Replies

3 comments

  1. A must try. Earl Grey is my only addiction in life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a fan of tea but this sounds pretty cool, I'd love an icecream maker x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos are beautiful, as always :) x

    ReplyDelete

© Little Paper Swans. Design by Fearne.