Easy cinnamon roll buns!

Wednesday, May 22, 2013





Being British there is one conversation I have with someone at least once a day. Weather. Seriously what is this? I have actually been wearing my winter coat again. Not what you want to be doing at the end of May. So to cheer myself up on this gloomy, rainy miserable day I decided to make cinnamon rolls buns. And this has to be one of the easiest things to make and I think it looks rather impressive!

Adapted from Good Food

Rolls:
350g/12oz self raising flour, sifted
Pinch of salt
2tbsp caster sugar
1tsp ground cinnamon
100g/3.5oz butter, melted and extra for greasing
2 egg yolks
200ml/7 fl oz milk, extra for glazing

Filling:
1 tsp ground cinnamon
55g/2oz brown sugar
2 tbsp caster sugar
1 tbsp butter, melted

Icing:
125g/4.5 oz icing sugar, sifted
water

Grease a round tin and line with parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 180ºC/ Gas mark 4.

Mix together the flour, caster sugar, cinnamon and salt in a bowl. Whisk together the egg yolks, milk and melted butter and combine a little at a time with the dry ingredients until a soft dough forms.

Roll the dough out onto a piece of parchment paper into a rectangle (30cmx25cm)

Make the filling by mixing all the ingredients together. Spread the filling evenly over the dough and roll the dough up like a Swiss roll. Cut the dough into 8 even sized pieces.

Brush the tops with milk and bake for 30 - 35 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the oven and cool for 5 minutes before removing from the tin.

To make the icing combine water and icing sugar until a runny but solid icing has formed. Drizzle the icing over the top.

Best served warm!


4 Replies

4 comments

  1. That looks delicious! I'm in a horrible baking mood because it makes me happy when the weather is bad like this. :D The weather in Germany is as depressing as it is in Britain probably... :/

    Thanks for the recipe! :) xx

    beckythewallflower.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look amazing! I love cinnamon rolls but I normally make them with pastry x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I posted a Cinnamon Roll recipe today too! Check it out at http://audacityoffood.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/recipe-quick-and-easy-cinnamon-buns.html

    I have to say yours look so good too... might have to make some more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I made this I would eat the whole lot in one go. Seriously addicted to cinnamon whirls!

    ReplyDelete

© Little Paper Swans. Design by Fearne.