White chilli.

Wednesday, September 11, 2013








This has to be the worst cold I've ever had. If you've had it, you will feel my pain! When your feeling ill you need comfort food and to me that is some kind of soup. I'm pretty sure my mum's lentil soup could cure anything!

 So when I discovered this white chilli recipe which is like a very thick chunky soup, I knew that I had to needed to have it. And boy did it soothe my throat! It's also perfect for this gloomy weather we're having! I loved the idea of this being a white chill and it's like a chilli con carne but madde with chicken and instead of kidney beans you use cannellini beans. 

Serves 2

tablespoon of sunflower oil,
one small onion, chopped
1 small green chillie, chopped
1/2 can of cannellini beans
teaspoon of vinegar
tablespoon of dried oregano
teaspoon of paprika
a handful of cooked chicken
200ml of stock (either chicken or vegetable)

Heat the oil in a pan. Fry the onion until soft. This should take around five minutes.

Add the chillies, oregano and paprika to the onions and cook out for a further five minutes. 

Add the beans and the stock to the onions and simmer for 20 minutes until thick.

Add the cooked chicken (I used Quorn) and the vinegar cook for another five minutes.

Serve with crusty bread.



0 Replies

Post a Comment

© Little Paper Swans. Design by Fearne.