Cranberry, pomegranate and ginger beer cocktail.

Friday, December 20, 2013






Only 5 days left to go. We did our weekly food shop on Tuesday and the supermarket was jam packed already. People spending ridiculous amounts of money on food and drink they can't possibly eat all of. It made me sad to think that Christmas for some people is about how many things you can buy and who can buy the best. I don't believe in God/Jesus so even I feel like a hypocrite but Christmas to me is about spending time with my family.

 It doesn't matter how much you spend. I couldn't care less if someone brought me a present that cost £1 from a charity shop, it's not about money and I wish more people understood that. In another annoying news I couldn't buy a single carrot that I needed for a stir fry because people are buying job lots of carrots already. How annoying.

Anyway a lot less philosophical, I made this little "mocktail". No alcohol involved here so perfect for everyone. Don't get me wrong I like a good spirit or a spot of mulled wine but I like flavour more and this tastes amazing and best of all there's only two ingredients. Well three if you count the candy canes, okay four if you count the ice.

To make one glass

1/2 glass of ginger beer
1/2 glass of cranberry and pomegranate juice
candy canes
plenty of ice

Fill the glass a quarter of the way up with ice.

Pour over 1/2 glass of ginger beer and then the 1/2 glass of cranberry and pomegranate juice. Stir together to make a pretty pink fizz.

Decorate with a pretty red straw and for an extra festive touch add a candy cane.

Perfect.


post signature
7 Replies

7 comments

  1. Im so doing this it looks amazing!
    GEMSIES
    Gemma xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh damn this looks good, I LOVE ginger beer.

    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree with what you say about Christmas, sometimes it can be way too competitive and the materialistic things become more important than spending important time with family. This looks absolutely gorgeous however, i may have to give this recipe a try!xx

    Celine from Vintage Teapot

    ReplyDelete

© Little Paper Swans. Design by Fearne.